Carrot, Broccoli & Chickpea Soup
A quick vegetarian soup with the added boost of protein-rich quinoa to will keep your hunger at bay this winter.
- 2 tablespoon quinoa
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 brown onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 cup tinned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 cup broccoli cut into very small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 lemon juice
- To begin, cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Heat a saucepan to low and add the stock/broth.
- Meanwhile, heat a fry pan to medium heat and add the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, carrot, broccoli, onion, garlic and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot mixture, cooked quinoa and spinach to the stock/broth and cook for another minute.
- Serve into a bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice.