- 5-6 beef cheeks
- 4 cm ginger fresh, grated
- 1 bunch spring onion finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli small
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon stevia
- 1/3 cup Chinese rice wine
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced, shiitakes would be best but browns do the job too
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup water
- The night before: Combine all the ingredients except the mushrooms and stock in the insert of your slow cooker and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning: Place the mushrooms on top and pour over the stock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?