- 2 cups almonds raw and unsalted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 100 g butter melted
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 100 g cacao butter
- 500 g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup cherries pitted, roughly chopped (use frozen if out of season or substitute with blueberries or raspberries).
- 100 g 85% dark chocolate finely grated.
- Lightly grease a 22 cm springform tin with butter.
- Prepare base by placing almonds and coconut into a food processor. Blitz until you form a crumb similar to almond meal. Add in the ginger, melted butter and rice malt syrup and blitz a few times until the mixture is coated in the butter and rice malt syrup. Press the mixture into the base of the greased tin. Place into the freezer to set while making the filling.
- To prepare the filling, place gelatin powder and 60 ml of water into a small cup or bowl. Mix until the gelatin becomes rubbery. Set aside.
- Place the coconut cream and cacao butter into a small saucepan and place over a low heat. Heat until cacao butter melts. Add in gelatin, and stir to dissolve. Set aside and cool enough so that the mixture is almost at room temperature.
- Next, place cream cheese, rice malt syrup, cacao powder, ¾ of the cherries and the gelatin mixture into a food processor. Blitz until smooth. Break up the remaining cherries into pieces and stir through the mixture.
- Remove base of the cheesecake from the freezer and pour in the Filling. Smooth over the top with the back of a spoon. Place into the fridge and allow to set for 3 hours or overnight.
- Once ready, top with grated dark chocolate. Slice into thin slices to serve.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?