- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup linseed / flaxseed
- 1 cup rolled oats or quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder or gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda bi-carb soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 2 free range egg s
- 1 cup apple green grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup yoghurt greek
- 1/4 cup walnuts raw chopped
- 1/4 cup medjool date s pitted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C. Grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine the almond meal, flaxseed meal, oats, buckwheat flour, psyllium, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl. In a separate bowl beat the eggs until pale and fluffy. Add to the dry mix along with the apple, oil, rice malt syrup and yoghurt and mix thoroughly. Lastly fold through the walnuts and prunes.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth with the back of a spoon. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean and it’s slightly browned on top.
- Cool and slice. This will keep in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for 1 month. If keeping in the freezer slice and place baking paper between each slice.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?