- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 onion (brown) diced
- 1/2 gluten free pork sausage roughly chopped
- 25 grams mushroom (cup or button) sliced
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1 cup kale destemmed & chopped
- 200 grams diced tomato (canned)
- 1/2 cup parsley (fresh) chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/6 cup buckwheat (raw)
- Cook buckwheat according to packed instructions, meanwhile prepare vegetables.
- Add olive oil and onion to a medium saucepan on low-medium heat.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add sausages, mushrooms, carrot, kale, tinned tomatoes, and cooked buckwheat and bring to a gentle boil.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the parsley and lemon juice.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?