- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 1/4 cup full-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Coconut oil for frying
Optional Suggested Toppings
- Mixed berries
- Full-fat plain or Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- Peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine buckwheat flour, wholemeal flour, oats, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon. Add in remaining ingredients and stir until a batter forms. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet pan over a medium-high heat. Add in a dollop of coconut oil, then add 1 cup of batter per pancake. Repeat for remaining mixture.
- Top your pancakes with berries, full-fat plain or Greek yoghurt and peanut butter to serve.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?