- 3.5 g dry yeast instant 1/2 of a 7g sachet
- 1/2 cup water lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- 1.5 cups wholemeal spelt flour sieved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
Ingredients for pesto
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon almond meal
- 1/2 lemon juiced, to taste
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
Ingredients for topping
- 1 bocconcini baby
- 1 handful black olives
- 1/4 green chilli finely sliced
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- Preheat oven 260ºC fan forced.
- Mix together yeast, warm water, rice malt syrup, olive oil and 2 tablespoons of flour. Set aside and allow to activate at room temperature for 10-12 minutes.
- Once yeast mixture is bubbly and frothy, stir through remaining flour and salt.
- Knead by hand until dough is strung together or beat in an electric mixer with dough hook until soft and tacky to touch.
- Place dough in a large, oiled bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and allow to rise in volume by 1/3 (45 – 60 minutes).
- Remove from bowl, place on a floured bench top and fold dough to deflate. Divide in 2 and shape into tight balls.
- Cover dough again on a floured surface and allow to rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile make your pesto in a blender, adding all ingredients and if required, 2 tablespoons of water to bring it together.
- Roll each ball out to fit your pizza stone or oven tray.
- Top each base with a spread of pesto and bocconcini. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Serve with olives, chilli, fresh rocket leaves and fresh basil or herbs of your choice.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?