To make 1 cup Raspberry Chia Jam (you can do this one ahead of time)
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
Bake Cookie Dough Recipe
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon I Quit Sugar's Gut Lovin' Gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g 85% dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm lamington tin with baking paper.
To make the Bake Cookie Dough Base
- Melt the butter and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan (or in a mixing bowl in the microwave).
- Combine with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When cool, spread jam over the base and refrigerate.
To make the marshmallow filling
- ‘Bloom’ the gut-loving gelatin by stirring it into 1/3 cup of COLD water until it dissolves.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes – it will become firm like a rubber ball.
- Meanwhile, combine the rice malt syrup, vanilla and salt in a saucepan with 1 cup of water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the gelatin blob to the mixture and stir to dissolve.
- Using a stick blender, blitz until it thickens slightly (or transfer to a high-powdered blender to cut time). It might be easy to let this cool a little beforehand.
- Pour the marshmallow over the cooled jam layer.
- Now rub your hands in coconut oil and use your fingers to smooth the surface.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set.
To Make Raspberry Chia Jam
- Throw all the required ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. You may need to add some extra water to help it combine.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce the heat and whisk constantly until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
To Make The Choc Coating
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a microwave (or a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the wateand pour over the marshmallow layer, spreading it evenly.
- Return the tray to the fridge for at least 1 hour or until the chocolate is set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- These healthy wagon wheels can be stored in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Any leftover sugar-free raspberry chia jam can be refridgerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?