- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 brown onion diced
- 1/2 cup McKenzie's Soup Mix
- 1.5 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup mushrooms (cup or button) sliced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium pot, then add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Add the McKenzies Soup Mix and the vegetable stock to the pot and leave to simmer for 25 minutes.
- Next, add the mushrooms and thyme and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes. If more liquid is required, add water as needed.
- Stir through the parmesan, season the risotto with salt and pepper and serve.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?