Looking for some comfort food without the guilt? Look no further than my Skinny Carbonara! This healthy carbonara recipe will take you no time to whip up and is sure to satisfy your comfort food cravings.
- 100 g bacon finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 dash black pepper to taste
- 150 g wholemeal spaghetti or gluten free spaghetti
- 2 teaspoon parmesan cheese grated, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- In a medium fry pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and fry the bacon until crisp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan and black pepper then set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Once cooked, drain immediately and place the spaghetti back into the pot, but turn OFF the heat (this is important or you will scramble the eggs).
- Working quickly, pour in the egg mixture and the bacon and toss until it forms a well combined spaghetti sauce and the egg has gently cooked into a creamy consistency.
- Toss with parsley and serve hot with extra parmesan.