- 1 brown onion chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 zucchini grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 cups McKenzie’s Green Split Peas rinsed
- 10 cups water
- 1.5 cups canned coconut milk
- Heat coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium to high heat.
- Add onions, carrot, zucchini, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add curry powder and tomato paste and stir into the vegetables until combined. Mix for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, green split peas, water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer for approximately 50 minutes or until the green split peas are fully cooked through.
- Take the soup off heat and mix in the coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?