- 180 g wholemeal spaghetti or gluten free
- 2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 2 cup kale destemmed and roughly chopped
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and kale and cook until wilted.
- Add cooked pasta to the frying pan and stir through ricotta, basil leaves, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?